65. Panthers – Titus Young, WR, Boise State
66. Bengals – Marvin Austin, DT, UNC
67. Broncos – Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
68. Bills – Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
69. Cardinals – Stefen Wiskiensi, C/G, Penn State
70. Browns – Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
71. Cowboys – John Moffit, G, Wisconsin
72. Saints – Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina
73. Texans – DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson
74. Patriots – Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
Hunter would provide the Pats with a home-run threat who can catch the ball out of the backfield and runs well, too. He is on the short side at 5’7 but is a solid 200 pounds with 4.4 speed. His explosion, quickness and ability to pass block would make him a great fit in this offense.
75. Lions – Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
76. 49ers – Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
77. Titans – Lawrence Guy, DT, Arizona State
78. Rams – Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State
79. Dolphins – Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee
80. Jaguars – Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
81. Raiders – Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas
82. Chargers – Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada
83. Giants – Clint Boling, G, Georgia
84. Buccaneers – Demarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
85. Eagles – Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State
86. Chiefs – Tandon Doss, WR, Indiana
87. Colts – Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson
88. Saints – Shane Vereen, RB, California
89. Chargers – Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
90. Ravens – Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego State
91. Falcons – D.J. Williams, TE, Arkansas
92. Patriots – James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
The former Crimson Tide starter was a first team All-SEC selection his senior year. He is a tough blocker who could play right tackle or guard for the Pats. A combination of Carpenter and our projected first-round pick, Florida center/guard Mike Pouncey, would give the Pats a great interior for the future.
93. Bears – Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
94. Jets – Ahmad Black, S, Florida
95. Steelers – Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
96. Packers – Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh
Very solid mock, Stephen. It's very exciting thinking about all the potential possibilities this team has holding 6 picks in the first three rounds.
You pretty much know the Patriots will be taking a DE and Offensive linemen with some of those picks. The RB pick is particularly interesting, because the Patriots should pick one up, but it's a total crap shoot figuring out which pick they'll use to make that selection.
Nice work again, Stephen! I would not argue with the Pats taking 2 OL, a DE, an OLB, a RB and a CB with their first 6 picks. If even a few of those guys pan out as starters, we'll be golden.
I'm on the fence about Hunter, but I would love to see the Pats take Carpenter or Gilbert in the 3rd. I would bet that at least one of those two guys will be a starter-caliber lineman for a very long time. They both present excellent value in the 3rd round.