1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Carolina rolls the dice and goes for a franchise QB with huge upside.
2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
Denver gets to shore up its horrific defense
3. Buffalo Bills: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Grooming Ryan Fitzpatrick's replacement
4. Cincinnati Bengals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
CB isn't a big need, but Peterson is the BPA
5. Arizona Cardinals: Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
The Cards can't go wrong, improving their pass rush with Miller
6. Cleveland Browns:A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
McCoy to Green could become a fixture in Cleveland
7. San Francisco 49ers: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
The Niners look to improve their pass-rush with Quinn
8. Tennessee Titans: Nick Fairely, DT, Auburn
With no reasonable QB available at #8, the Titans go defense. I could see a trade brewing, but it's such a crap-shoot calling them. I'll stick to making 1 point picks.
9. Dallas Cowboys: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
This pick makes too much sense. You can be guaranteed that it won't happen.
10. Washington Redskins: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Shanahan goes defense with his top pick.
11. Houston Texans: Aldon Smith, OLB/DE, Missouri
A good fit for the Texan's new 3-4 scheme.
12. Minnesota Vikings: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
BPA, and a very enticing target to lure Donovan McNabb to the great north.
13. Detroit Lions: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
It's hard to imagine some of these players dropping this far, but it's a deep draft. Somebody's got to go #13.
14. St. Louis Rams: Cameron Jordan, DE, California
Rams look to solidify the D-line and pass rush
15. Miami Dolphins: Mike Pouncey, G/C, Florida
I don't love this pick for them at #15. Look for them to trade back and get Pouncy a few picks later. But again, I'm not making any trade picks.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
This looks like another pick that just makes too much sense.
17. New England Patriots: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
This is my ideal scenario at #17. However, if the Rams really do go with Jordan, or Watt at #14, I could see the chargers potentially leapfrogging New England and swapping 1st-rounders with Miami to get one of those DE's.
18. San Diego Chargers, Muhammed Wilkerson, DT, Temple
San Diego still goes D-line.
19. New York Giants: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
Another pick that makes a lot of sense, if Castonzo is still on the board.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Justin Houston, DE, Georgia
And the DE's keep flying off the board.
21. Kansas City Chiefs: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
KC adds a nice piece to it's O-line
22. Indianapolis Colts: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Colts pass on addressing the O-line for value at the #22 spot
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
Jimmy and Asante could be a very imposing duo
24. New Orleans Saints: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
The Saints get the DE they crave, the 8th one to go so far in this draft
25. Seattle Seahawks: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
The Hawks roll the dice that they can find a franchise quaterback
26. Baltimore Ravens: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
And the DE's keep on coming! Another very "sensible" pick.
27. Atlanta Falcons: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
With the DE well gone dry a pick before them, the Falcons give Matty Ice a new target.
28. New England Patriots: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
I'd go with Ingram here, but the Patriots are picking again at #33 where the RB could still be available. Solder won't be if they pass on him here.
29. Chicago Bears: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
Chicago takes the last 1st-round grade OT on the board.
30. New York Jets: Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
Patriots fans, meet the newest player you'll love to hate.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
Steelers get the help in the secondary that they crave.
32. TRADE: Via Green Bay, Tennessee Titans select Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
I said I wasn't going to do any trades, but I don't have a good read on the Packers last pick her in the first round. The defending champs make a deal with the Titans, who are looking to end Thursday night with a QB in hand.